SLR is a leading global consulting firm providing environmental and advisory solutions. We provide our clients with advice and support from a network of dynamic, responsive and fast growing offices in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Africa. SLR teams provide consulting and advisory services to various sectors including oil & gas, industry, infrastructure, mining & minerals, power, and planning & development. For a full detailed list of services provided please visit https://slrconsulting.com/na/services
SLR provides challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal and professional growth and wants to attract and retain the best people in our industry. If your ambition is to join a growing company with an exciting future that will help you shape and realize your ambitions, we want to hear from you.
Whether you are an industry professional or a recent graduate, SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
For exciting opportunities, please visit: https://slrcanada.applicantpro.com/jobs/
We are seeking a Junior Environmental Engineer or Scientist (Staff Level) in our Whitehorse YT office to assist our current teams with environmental consulting projects across the province of BC. The proposed role within our Yukon Territory business would be someone who could both perform field programs as a field supervisor, collecting environmental data to support PSI, DSI, and Remediation programs, as well as coordinating and managing basic field programs, remediation programs, and general due diligence works. Report writing, and client interaction expected.
- Participating in all facets of contaminated site projects including preliminary and detailed site investigations and remediation projects. Includes project coordination, field sampling, and reporting assistance.
- Conducting field programs involving sampling and monitoring of soil, groundwater, vapour and remediation system operation and maintenance while adhering to health and safety standards.
- Assisting in the preparation of a variety of environmental reports.
- Assisting other disciplines (i.e. hydrogeology, air quality, permitting and ecology) as needed.
- Assisting with the operation and maintenance of in-situ remediation systems including data collection, performance monitoring, influent/effluent sampling, and associated technical summary reporting.
Technical Skills / Abilities / Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation field programs preferred (e.g. soil, groundwater, and vapour sampling)
- Experience with various remedial techniques (i.e. excavation, biological treatment, in-situ treatment, risk assessment co-op and internship experience recognized) including mechanical troubleshooting and process performance monitoring/evaluation
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for site assessment and remediation in British Columbia
- Knowledge and practical application of health & safety requirements unique to subsurface investigations and contaminated sites
- Work well independently including ability to work alone in remote locations and adapt to conditions/resources following the guidance of more experienced personnel
- Work well as an important part of a project team
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated skill in technical report writing
Education / Qualifications / Memberships:
- Degree or Technical Diploma in environmental science, engineering or related studies.
- Professional status or eligibility for professional status with a professional organization (A.Sc.T, G.I.T., or P.Geo preferred)
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with others, supervise and direct employees and contractors
- Aptitude to document excellent field notes and follow direction of others
- Commitment to technical excellence, client care and safe work practices
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle for field use