STORAGE INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST
Working with a three times winner of ”Canada’s top 100 employers” award is excited to announce that we are actively seeking top talent to join our IT infrastructure team. If you have a passion for technology and have the drive and commitment to help the team manage and build supporting technology for an enterprise scale, 24/7 global brand then we would very much like to talk to you.
The Data Centre and Storage team is responsible for supporting and developing the IT Data Centre services, data storage, backup and Disaster Recovery, including both operational and project responsibilities. In this role, reporting to the Data Centre and Storage Manager you will have the opportunity to guide data center design and analysis as well as lead facilities and data centre staff to align with projects and business objectives. Key responsibilities include analysis, design, planning and monitoring of power, cooling, rack density, redundancy and physical security for both ongoing operations and upcoming/active projects. Additionally, you will facilitate device additions and decommissioning activities in the data centre, including the provisioning of ancillary items such as cables and SFPs. You will pay exceptional attention to redundancy, data protection and inventory accuracy to ensure existing and new installations align with business continuity and disaster recovery objectives.
You will have the opportunity to work with the infrastructure team on complex projects that provide significant improvement to the business such as; data centre migrations, storage migrations, migration to and adoption of cloud technologies, and continuous improvement to processes and tools. You will also participate in addressing technical problems and documenting solutions to complex business needs as you manage and support our enterprise scale Data Centres.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your business and technical skillsets via a combination of on the job cross training as well as business objective aligned training courses.
As a Storage Infrastructure Analyst you will…
- Project work as directed by business requirements, including taking part in project meetings and providing technical expertise on matters relating to data centre infrastructure, storage, backup and disaster recovery requirements and best practices. Includes producing technical documents and implementing project requirements.
- Operational support with an emphasis on analytics, including but not limited to internal projects to maintain deployment, orchestration and monitoring systems as well as research, test and implement new systems and technologies.
- Contribute clear and concise environment and change documentation as well as standard operating practice documents (SoP’s) to the infrastructure platform body of knowledge. Work within the ITIL framework following required workflows to complete tasks
- Provide an L3 escalation point for emergent issues; define and lead problem resolution workflows related service desk items.
- Take part in strategic management of the department, leverage your significant technical expertise to assist in the definition of department vision and mission.
We hope you are passionate about…
- Innovation – as a tech company we are constantly changing and evolving; an openness and willingness to embrace change is critical
- Logic and critical thinking – we’re largely a data driven company so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital
- Having fun while being the best – we work hard but play harder.
The experience we need…
- 5+ years of enterprise data centre design and administration
- Experience designing and maintaining data centre power consumption
- Experience designing rack and cabling requirements including the creation of elevation diagrams and patch maps
- Experience racking and cabling enterprise servers, network, and storage
- Experience with CoLo vendor management and coordination of field services
- Experience running production 24/7/365 operational environments
- Experience with multi data centre architectures
- Fast learner, constant researcher, and able to effectively deal with rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Self motivated and always knowing what needs to be done
- Effective communicator, maintaining open communication with other team members
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer
- Data Centre Design Consultant
- NetApp NCDA or equivalent experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178* Innovation - as a tech company we are constantly changing and evolving; an openness and willingness to embrace change is critical * Logic and critical thinking - we're largely a data driven company so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital * Having fun while being the best - we work hard but play harder. The experience we need… * 5+ years of enterprise data centre design and administration * Experience designing and maintaining data centre power consumption * Experience designing rack and cabling requirements including the creation of elevation diagrams and patch maps * Experience racking and cabling enterprise servers, network, and storage * Experience with CoLo vendor management and coordination of field services * Experience running production 24/7/365 operational environments * Experience with multi data centre architectures * Fast learner, constant researcher, and able to effectively deal with rapidly changing priorities and requirements * Self motivated and always knowing what needs to be done * Effective communicator, maintaining open communication with other team members Bonus... * Registered Communications Distribution Designer * Data Centre Design Consultant * NetApp NCDA or equivalent experience