Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
The Store Manager is responsible for all operations within the store, delivering financial results and managing associate performance. Long term career growth is available through Kent as well as J.D. Irving, Limited of which Kent is a division.
Typical career steps are to work in process improvement, purchasing or to become a district manager or district sales manager.
- 5+ years of successful retail management
- Safety mindset
- People leader with excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Change agent with ability to implement process improvements and evaluate alternate solutions
- Good understanding of budgetary development and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to leverage technology for project management, analysis and solving problems (including Microsoft Office Suite)
- Company vehicle
- Medical, health and dental benefits; disability insurance, and Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Competitive wages and bonus structure
- Employee discount
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.