One of the world’s fastest-growing retailers, Jysk was first established in Denmark in 1979. The company now brings Quality for Less to customers in 50 countries at over 2,550 stores and online in Canada at jysk.ca. With over 22 000 colleagues that share a passion for Scandinavian design, our products range from furniture to accessories, including mattresses, bedding, home décor, and outdoor patio products that will enhance any living space at an affordable price.
The Store Operations Manager is responsible for protecting JYSK’s assets and minimizing losses through effective execution of Loss Prevention policies and procedures in store and by having a laser focus on inventory accuracy.
The Right Candidate
- Has 2 years’ experience in retail management, inventory management or customer service management
- Strong management/leadership skills necessary to develop cohesive teams. Liaises effectively with store Management and Colleagues
- Strong written, verbal, interviewing, listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and auditing skills
- Proficiency with computer technology including loss prevention applications, MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Access is helpful), store systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Enjoys a fast-paced workplace; takes pride in their work
- Is comfortable working in a rapidly-changing environment where priorities change
- Is reliable, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Is knowledgeable in all relevant Provincial regulations, including, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety
- Is a strong leader with a dynamic and positive personality
- Has a dynamic and positive personality; Someone who enjoys a fun, fast-paced workplace and takes pride in their work
As an Operations Manager for JYSK, you will be responsible for the following:
- Communicates, models and reinforces Company policies, including but not limited to: Inventory Accuracy, Loss Prevention, Corporate Code of Conduct, etc.
- Ensuring your team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures to reduce shrink.
- Responsible for the accurate, on-time completion of all Daily, Weekly and Monthly inventory related processes, including all relevant paperwork
- Responsible for completing the weekly review of Automatic Generated Replenishment (AGR) process to help manage on-hand inventory
- Ensuring daily processing of damaged product through assessment and data entry is completed by self or Store Manager
- Performs Weekly Inventory Cycle Counts and periodic Full Store Inventory Counts
- Ensures the receiving and processing of incoming merchandise is accurate and timely
- Ensures merchandise flows to the sales floor quickly, efficiently and safely
- Provides leadership, direction, guidance, motivation and instruction to store Colleagues
- Works with the Store Leadership team to develop internal talent (succession planning)
- Responsible for the orientation and training of Warehouse Colleagues to ensure execution of Standard Operating Procedures related to their role(s)
- May be assigned other tasks to support and improve overall business operations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, the Colleague will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Colleague will frequently lift, sort, carry, and place merchandise and supplies of varying sizes weighing up to 20 kg without assistance and over 20 kg with team lifting. Work requires climbing up and down ladders, and working at heights.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Colleague Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- A fun and respectful workplace
More Great Information!
Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK:https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.