JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 52 countries with over 2,800 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 61 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Québec.
Are you a fit? Start by asking yourself a few questions:
Are you passionate about keeping your home up to date with the latest and greatest home fashions? Are you competitive by nature and driven by sales targets and goals? Is your enthusiasm and passion for success contagious? Do you genuinely have fun helping customers find exactly what they need and want?
So, if it's a fit for you. Let's find out more ...
What's the job?
As a member of the JYSK team you are responsible for assisting the store management team with the day to day operation of the store. The Warehouse Lead is responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse in accordance with the JYSK concept. The successful candidate is responsible to control all warehouse inventory from loss, damages and theft. They will unload, stock and retrieve merchandise in the backroom of the store, while ensuring the logistics of the store are up to date. Candidates should have at least 6 months of relevant warehouse/back-end retail experience.
As a Warehouse Lead you will be responsible for:
- Warehouse floor is to be clean and clear of garbage and clutter all times throughout the day.
- All boxes are put away in a timely fashion
- Loading area is neat, clean and appealing to the customer
- All products are properly labeled and open boxes are resealed and labeled immediately after opening.
- Missing collies, spare parts, pick-up/delivery and discontinued stickers are up to date at all times
- Rotating stock and keeping like items grouped together.
- Complete and prepare web store orders and delivery orders
- Working with management team to ensure write off’s are cleared daily
- Ensure accurate picking and shipping of customer’s orders
- Safe handling of JYSK Merchandise to prevent damages
- Providing exceptional customer service to all customers
- Assisting with the sales floor, ensuring the store is clean, full and priced and ready for promotions
- Supervise, coach and train all warehouse personnel on Warehouse team procedures
- Following all health and safety procedures as set out by the company
- Ensuring the forklift and other warehouse equipment are being maintained
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, the Colleague will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Colleague will frequently lift, sort, carry, and place merchandise and supplies of varying sizes weighing up to 20 kg without assistance and over 20 kg with team lifting. Work requires climbing up and down ladders, and working at heights.
Does this sound like an opportunity for you?
If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.