Stores Attendant III
Reference #: 73911
Job Type: Casual
Location: Vernon, BC
Union: HEABC Facilities HEU
Salary/ Hourly rate: $20.52
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position performs a variety of stores duties in designated areas of the warehouse and logistics operations of Interior Health such as shipping and receiving, filling requisitions/orders, unpacking, checking, storing and distributing supplies/goods.
1. Receives, unpacks and checks incoming materials from suppliers; ensures that supplies/goods are delivered as per specifications; and completes related paper work such as signing delivery slips. Sorts and places articles in appropriate areas; rotates stock and ensures inventory shelves/areas are kept clean and tidy.
2. Checks invoices against orders and supplies/goods and resolves discrepancies with suppliers and/or departments.
3. Assembles, issues and ships supplies/goods from requisition requests received; loads orders onto carts for delivery; and completes required documentation in accordance with established procedures.
4. Identifies damaged/spoiled goods and advises appropriate personnel in accordance with established procedures; arranges for delivery and return of loan and return items; returns damaged or spoiled goods to supplier as required/directed. Completes appropriate documentation.
5. Performs physical inventory counts and maintains inventory records. Replenishes stock based on established minimum/maximum levels and advises when established re-order points are reached in accordance with established procedures; makes adjustments to stock items in accordance with established guidelines; makes recommendations for changes to inventory items and/or levels.
6. Maintains records and provides information regarding stores activities; ensures correct coding on stock items; maintains security measures.
7. Picks up and delivers a variety of supplies and/or materials to and from various locations in accordance with established policies, procedures and schedules as required.
8. Transports a variety of supplies and/or materials to and from delivery locations by operating a variety of vehicles including trucks up to 10,000 lbs or 4536 Kg gross vehicle weight as required.
9. Performs a variety of routine inspection/maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning, checking belts, lights and tires and maintaining fluid levels; recommends vehicle and equipment repairs as required. Maintains related documentation such as log books as required.
10. Keeps assigned stores area(s) and goods and supplies in a clean and tidy condition.
11. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to the Manager (or designate) on work procedures and opportunities for process improvement.
12. Assists with orienting new staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures and demonstrating use of equipment.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12 plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 vehicle license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize work.