Global Relay delivers enterprise services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. We are looking for an experienced Strategic Product Manager to provide leadership and accountability of the Global Relay Archive product line. You will develop a strong understanding of Global Relay services and engage closely with customers and customer facing teams to understand our markets, value propositions, and how to add value to the product line.
In collaboration with senior management, you will develop and promote the product-line vision, strategy, and roadmap in alignment with Global Relay’s business goals. You will also manage and lead your product management team, consisting of Area Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Program Managers, and others working on the major components of your service area.
- Provide business leadership and accountability for the Global Relay A10 product line.
- In collaboration with senior management, develop and own the product-line vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager and Test Manager on leadership decisions and activities affecting your product-line.
- Communicate and promote the product-line vision, strategy, and roadmap to align engineering, sales, and other Global Relay departments.
- Collaborate with architects, engineering, UX, and your product team to break down large business needs into smaller iterations ensuring business value is recognized with each release.
- Work with your product team to ensure backlogs, roadmaps, and releases for their areas of the product-line are consistent with the overall vision.
- Define project objectives for the development team and communicate scope requirements using appropriate formats, including themes, initiatives, epics, user stories, workflows, use cases, narratives, etc.
- Support other Global Relay teams by serving as a functional product expert, being able to answer questions relating to personas, use cases, business logic, etc. relating to your product line.
- Work with other key stakeholders to develop appropriate product line SLOs, including the type, target level, and monitoring methods.
- Work with engineering leadership, program management, and HR on resourcing planning for your product-line.
- Provide guidance to your team to deal with blocking issues, escalations, resource conflicts, and set priorities.
- Work with your engineering team to help identify, prioritize, and proactively address technical debt in the product-line.
- Provide support for initiatives from other product-lines by accommodating cross product-line dependencies.
- Lead and manage direct reports through one-on-ones, reviews, coaching/training, and ensuring appropriate workloads.
- Work within Global Relay’s agile development and SDLC processes to ensure successful launches and iterations.
- Support business facing teams by meeting with customers and prospects when requested.
- 10+ years in senior product management/leadership roles (senior, principal, director, etc.)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate effectively with technical, business, and C-level executives.
- Must have experience leading multiple initiatives across multiple Agile teams (collocated and remote).
- Must have strong requirement management skills (elicitation, analysis, use case modeling, workflow, documentation, etc.).
- Must have experience working with enterprise applications and cloud services at scale.
- Must have experience managing teams as well as coaching/mentoring/training others.
- Must be a flexible and practical problem solver, able to work effectively in a growing organization.
- Experience within financial industry and/or developing FinTech services is considered an asset.
- Strong technical background is considered an asset.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in eight other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.