At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Avigilon's sourcing strategy and reduce total cost of acquisition for Access Control Products & Services used with Avigilon’s Access Control Manager™ (ACM™)
- Provide comprehensive sourcing strategies that ensure the “best value” is achieved within the Access Control category
- Conduct supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and manage the overall supplier qualification process
- Develop and create sourcing plans, requests for proposal, and other sourcing documents
- Act as the primary interface with suppliers of Access Control Hardware and Services, including relationship management, contract negotiation, supplier performance and business reviews
- Negotiate and implement sustainable supply agreements supporting Avigilon’s business, financial & legal requirements
- Understand and optimize the ‘quote to cash’ process for Access Control transactions from customer orders through vendor fulfillment, involving all internal and external stakeholders as required
- Work collaboratively with Product-, Sales-, and Supply Chain Management to optimize Access Control portfolio performance
- Work on project and/or assignments as required, using approved guidelines
Qualifications (indicated preferred or required)
- Post-secondary Degree required
- Project Management or Supply Chain Management designations an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of in depth supply chain experience with proven abilities in: Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracts, Project Management
- Some knowledge of the Access Control category would be beneficial with prior industrial controls, facilities or related architecture building experience a definite asset
- Experience in creation, negotiation, and administration of contracts.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex supply chain and procurement issues.
- Experience in global supplier and market analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, ERP, and PLM systems.
- Demonstrated results in directly related roles.
- Able to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong communications and interpersonal skills while able to work with multiple internal stakeholders to drive positive business results.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to independently assess, define and solve complex supply chain and procurement issues
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams and build consensus with limited hierarchical authority
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools & ERP Systems
- Demonstrated results.
Other Items (ie. travel):
- Will require periodic travel.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.