At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Our Infrastructure group in Toronto is looking for a Structural Engineer in Training (E.I.T). To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the structural design, production and contract packaging of transit and transportation projects for various clients, including, Metrolinx, Ministry of Transportation (MTO), City of Toronto, Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), and Other Municipal Governments.
- Assist the Project/Segment Manager(s) with the coordination between Project Engineers and Stakeholders on multi-discipline assignments.
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with team members in project coordination, designs development and contract package preparation on projects.
- Apply advanced engineering techniques to solving engineering analysis/design problems.
- Review of shop drawings for structural adequacy and compliance with structural drawings.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of proposals to various clients.
- As a member of our Transportation Structural Group, you will be working in a team-oriented environment and will have exposure to highway engineering, traffic, environmental, geotechnical, foundations, and landscape design disciplines.
- University degree in Civil Engineering (preferably with a structural major).
- Currently registered as an Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) and in good standing.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in analysis and design of Transit and Transportation Structures.
- Experience in working as a coordinator on a multi-disciplinary project will be an asset.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering projects with variety in complexity, size and scope is an asset.
- Experience in preparing structural designs and contract packages for the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) and various municipalities in Ontario will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the following computer programs is also an asset: Bentley ProjectWise, Microstation, AutoCAD, SAP 2000, CSI Bridge, MIDAS, Bridge Management System (BMS), P-Frame/S-Frame, RISA-3D,SEAS 200,Concise Beams, STAAD, PCCOL, ETABS, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.