Requisition ID: 20302
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Kitimat, BC, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer for our Kitimat, B.C. Office. If you have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and understand innovation, we want to hear from you. Working closely with our senior engineers and designers, your primary role will be to act as a technical resource on challenging projects. The position will allow you to directly apply and develop your knowledge in structural design and assessment of heavy industrial facilities, project/engineering management and client engagement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising and engaging with local clients and venders
- Providing efficient, effective, economical and timely solutions to structural design problems in a multidiscipline project environment
- Performing project management for engineering work for a variety of sized projects
- Performing computer-aided modeling and analysis of steel and concrete structures
- Developing clear and concise technical specifications and technical reports
- Preparing quantity take-offs and developing project scopes, engineering and capital cost estimates
- Conducting site visits and performing inspections of existing structures
- Maintaining technical knowledge to ensure appropriate technologies are incorporated into designs and the most cost-effective design techniques are utilized
- Review of vendor documents and shop drawings
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural design from a recognized university
- 4-8 years of experience working directly in the field of structural engineering. Brownfield experience will be highly regarded.
- Registration as an Engineer-In-Training actively working towards professional registration. Candidates who have already achieved registration as a professional engineer would be highly regarded
- Experience in structural analysis, design and assessment of heavy industrial facilities
- Strong hands-on working knowledge and experience with structural engineering analysis software, preferably StaadPro.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using Canadian codes and standards for heavy industrial structures
- Aptitude for working in multi-disciplinary teams and the ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, clients and vendors
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills with a commitment to achieving engineering excellence
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.