MatchBox Consulting is excited to be working with one of Canada’s leaders in fall protection in their search for a Structural Project Engineer with Fall Protection experience. With over 20 years of industry experience, and having served thousands of clients ranging from architects, to building owners, to general contractors, they are known as a one-step solution provider committed to providing the safest, easiest, and most value-added solutions in the market.
As the Project Engineer, you will work with CAD and health and safety technicians, sales reps, and project managers to provide well-engineered fall protection solutions for a variety of construction projects. If you are passionate about fall protection, have your P.Eng designation in either British Columbia or Alberta, and want to work for an industry leader committed to your growth, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Prepare design calculations
- Design and Review shop drawings with appropriate seals
- Communicate with stakeholders to provide advice and determine corrective/preventive actions
- Review engineering documentation for compliance with OH&S regulation and industry standards
- Lead safety product R&D
- Travel with the Project Manager to suppliers overseas
- Oversee the QA/QC program for products lines and work procedures
- Provide expert technical advice and evidence at hearings, or as required, to substantiate penalty actions, prosecutions, etc.
- Supervise and mentor other members of the engineering team including EITs
- Must be a Registered P.Eng. in British Columbia or Alberta
- Minimum 4+ years of experience as a P.Eng. in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Post-secondary degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- Possess field experience and knowledge of Fall Protection pertaining to new construction or other related industries
- Familiarity with Canadian Building Codes and related construction material design codes
- Proven experience signing off on structural engineering projects
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written as this role requires the presentation of technical and non-technical information in written and verbal formats
- Able to make quick judgement calls
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Mathcad, and SAP or Staad Pro
- Being good at golf (or at least willing to learn how to play) is a plus
- Competitive salary, vacation, and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with major clients across Canada and the US
- Work with an Organizational Quality Management Certified company committed to maintaining an outgoing, fun corporate culture
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities, please visit us at http://www.matchboxhr.com