SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking a 3D Drafter to join the West White Rose Project team in Newfoundland. Reporting into the Site Engineering team, you will provide an integral position directly on site to the project.
- Assist engineers in developing solutions to design problems
- Prepare primarily mechanical and electrical drawings using AutoCAD
- Coordinates design work with related engineering disciplines
- Perform quality checks to ensure documents reflect design intent
- Perform site investigations and construction inspections
- Contract administration duties such as performing shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions, and review progress
- Routinely archive and retrieve data from electronic database for support of work
- Interface between construction, detail engineering and planning for preparation of job cards with regards to method and sequence
- Ensure Structural material traceability
- Check and ensure quality of the job cards prior to issuing to construction
- Technical and field-support to fabrication and installation sites
- Must hold a diploma in preferrably an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited Canadian Institution, with a C.E.T. designation
- Understanding of BIM
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Strong understanding and proficiency in AutoCAD is required
- Good understanding and proficiency in Navisworks, and Microstation is highly desired
- Be familiar with current codes and standards
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-discipline and fast-paced team project environment
Please note this position will be based at our Argentia, NL construction site.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.