CALLING ALL CHEFS!
Are you looking for a unique Summer experience? We are actively recruiting for both Summer Camp Head Cook and Second Cook!
We provide room and board!
Our unique Camp is located on an Island with no cellphone reception but plenty of activities and scenery to explore.
Spend your free time swimming, hiking, tending to our herb garden, and dreaming up your next culinary creations!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for campers and councilors (up to 250 people)
- Baking breads and cooking all meals from Scratch using locally sourced ingredients
- Supervising Kitchen staff
- Oversee the opening of the Kitchen in June and Closing of Kitchen at the end of the season in August
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, oven.
- Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by maintaining occupational health & safety standards (e.g., WHMIS labels, food handling and storage, hygiene etc.)
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Other related duties as required
- Over the course of your placement, staff accommodations will be arranged for you!
- The program works in groups employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Must have Food Handler's Certificate Upon Arrival
- Must be available from May 31st - August 15th
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- A sense of adventure!