Summer Intern – Process Operator - (Carseland, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Located at our office in Carseland, AB, this position is an exciting opportunity and will provide invaluable work experience in a growing company. This is a summer internship which will last approximately 16 weeks
Reporting to the Operations Supervisors, the Power Engineering Summer Students will provide support for the safe and efficient operation of the production units.
What you will do:
- Monitor/operate equipment and associated systems within standard operating conditions and limits
- Obtain Steam time working directly under the Shift Engineer
- Perform duties in a safe manner with a consistent awareness for well-being of all employees
What you will bring:
- Successful completion of 1st year of a Power Engineering Technology Diploma Program
- ABSA fourth class steam ticket
- Continuation in post-secondary study upon the completion of summer work term
- Previous related work experience in an industrial/mechanical setting is preferred
- Available to work May to August 2020
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule (days and nights) of 12 hours per shift
- Must be motivated and able to work in a team environment, exhibit strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, and have sound written and verbal communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter