Summer Student, Nurse (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This role is open to current students who will be returning to their studies once this work term is complete.
This is a summer position lasting approximately 16 weeks, beginning May 2021. Active Recruitment to begin January 2021.
What you will do:
Employee Wellness and injury/illness Case Management:
- Apply first aid treatment during regular hours (i.e. disinfects, sterilizes, cleanses, and bandages minor lacerations, abrasions, and burns)
- Apply treatment in emergencies such as contusions, sprains, wounds, dislocations, hemorrhages, fractures, spinal injuries, and head injuries
- Apply CPR and defibrillation when required
- Assess and treating cases of shock, detecting eye injuries, and deciding and advising when further medical attention is required
- Play an active role in the promotion of health and wellness among employees
- Assess on and off the job injuries and referring them to a physician as required
- Develop wellness topics for use at safety meetings
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate occupational health and wellness promotion programs, and ensure they are in compliance with federal and provincial legislation
- Assist in detection of non-occupational illness and common contagious diseases
- Operate audiometric testing equipment as well as spirometric testing equipment and depending on results, make referrals for additional medical treatment
- Ensure employees who require testing (those exposed to dust and noise) are in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Ensure completion and follow-up of pre-employment physical examinations and medicals, comply with government regulations, environmental and job demands, and physical ability to perform duties
- Manage company-sponsored periodical medical exams and medical surveillance programs
- Coordinate Hearing Conservation Program
- Verify eligibility of employees in the company sickness benefit and WCB programs
- Assist employees in return-to-work programs, including initial assessment, set-up of schedule, and monitoring progress in concert with PT/OT/WCB/GWL personnel
- Follow up on status of employees unable to work due to lost time work injuries and insurance claim
- Record injury statistics
- Establish injury and illness work restrictions when required and follow-up with employees on restricted work activities
- Coordinate with local Physicians on treatment of work related injuries
Data and Reporting:
- Document and submit written reports as required such as weekly and monthly reports required for injury statistics
- Establish, maintain, and process detailed and accurate records of all visits to the first aid room
- Keep an accurate record of employees on light duty assignments
- Keep an accurate record of injury statistics, including first aid, and medical compensation records
- Keep an accurate record of all safety prescription eyeglasses
- Ensure the written policy and procedures manual for nursing activities is updated on a regular basis
- Ensure written, signed, and dated medical directives or protocols are provided and updated annually
- Maintain health information confidentially
- Assist the safety department with inspections and assignments as directed by the Safety Manager
- Respond to applicable safety issues and concerns brought forward by employees, OH&S Committee, and other contractors as needed in a timely manner
What you will bring:
- Completed at least 2nd Year of Bachelor of Nursing Degree
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran