|Job Category||Field Operations|
|Location||AB - Fort McMurray|
|Title||Superintendent - Earthworks|
|Job Status||Full Time Regular|
You are a Superintendent who is responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day civil operations, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. You implement the project plan and schedule, ensuring safety and quality control, and delegate work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
Come join our True Blue team in Fort McMurray today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S / OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained
- Experience interfacing with local communities representatives throughout remote northern communities
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members
- Supervises employees and sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- 6-8 years civil construction experience as a Civil Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Knowledge of alternate civil methods, Plowing and Trenching
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- Facilitation and mentoring skills—ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!