Job DescriptionJob Title: Supervisor, Home Support (LPN)Work Site: Home Support - Richmond, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $29.04 - $32.46 per hourHours: 0700-1500/ 1500-2300, with casual shifts as assignedReference#: 123006-smu
Come work as a Supervisor, Home Support with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse with experience in a leadership capacity to join the Home Support team in Richmond, BC as a Supervisor. Apply today to join our team!
As a Supervisor, Home Support at VCH you will make your impact by:
- Coordinating and evaluating the home support service including supervising the work activities of designated staff.
- Planning and coordinating services.
- Assisting the Program Manager with administrative activities and optimal use of resources.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans, goals and objectives.
- Coordinating staffing and scheduling activities.
- Developing and instructing staff in the use of new protocols/procedures and equipment.
- Preparing budget reports based on compiled financial and statistical records.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years’ recent and related experience, including experience in a leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated medication administration skills as outlined in the LPN Scope of Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client and family care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and coach team members to promote an efficient and effective team based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and be resourceful.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust communication to suit the recipient and/or situation within a complex community environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, one to one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration/consultation with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain priorities.
- Demonstrated word processing and database skills and computer literacy to operate a computerized client and scheduling information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.