Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type: Salaried – Night (1 weekend out of 2)
Reporting to the Coordinator, Security and Fire Prevention, the incumbent is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for people and property through effective security, fire prevention and management of staff. He or she also supports, trains, assesses and supervises security guards and dispatchers reporting to him or her.
- Manage the schedules for security guards on staff; ensure absent guards are replaced and follow up on requests for extra guards with the corresponding provider;
- Conduct job interviews for security guard candidates;
- Accept, forward, distribute, transmit and keep a record of any request regarding security, fire prevention, electromechanics or maintenance that is made during normal operations or as part of a special project. Follow up as necessary with the departments involved;
- Provide support to other departments and to construction projects;
- Ensure compliance with established procedures, laws, regulations and by-laws (CSST, WHMIS, building code, smoking restrictions, etc.);
- Take charge of decision-making in emergency situations and inform management as quickly as possible;
- In the absence of the owner, act as the representative of the property in dealings with tenants, emergency services and other stakeholders, as required;
- Prepare reports on events that have occurred in the complex and submit them to the relevant individuals;
- Test and inventory designated systems and equipment, ensure everything is working correctly and request repairs or new equipment as needed from the proper departments and suppliers;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Possess an Immediate superior issued by the Bureau of Private Security of Québec or meet all necessary requirements to obtaining it;
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate clearance level from the Canadian Federal Government;
- College-level studies (AEC) in industrial and commercial security or other equivalent or higher training;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant supervisory experience in a similar setting;
- Proven ability to work in a computerized environment;
- Excellent spoken and written French and working knowledge of spoken English;
- Leadership style based on coaching, teamwork, commitment and motivation;
- Good knowledge of standards, regulations, equipment and security and fire prevention systems;
- Nights and week-ends availability required.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.