At more than $4.2 billion in assets under management, Westminster Savings is one of Canada’s largest credit unions. Through our 420 employees, our focus is serving our more than 67,000 members across each of our four lines of business – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and Auto/Equipment Leasing. We enrich our customers’ lives by looking beyond accounts, rates, products and services to ensure we continuously deliver real and tangible value to them.
We are very proud of the culture we’ve created – one that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, invest in potential and celebrate our wins, both big and small. There is a shared sense of pride at Westminster Savings in the work we do every day and an unwavering commitment to our employees’ continued success. Join a team that is as committed to your career as you are.
Supervisor, Wealth Management
- Work in partnership with our Manager, Wealth Management and Manager, Investment Services to coach, mentor, develop and motivate our FSR / Wealth Assistants
- Foster collaboration between all our lines of business to ensure a seamless integrated experience for our members
- Promote service excellence in interactions with both internal and external members.
- Participate in recruitment and onboarding of new employees
- Assist with the development and ongoing coaching for performance management
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with external partners (Aviso, Credential Insurance, etc.)
- Support the wealth management team to achieve or exceed assigned sales and referral goals for net sales and growth of assets under management, revenue, referrals to internal partners and tracking of referrals
- Contribute positively by fostering a positive mindset and a positive, engaging and cohesive working environment.
- Ensure ongoing business process innovation to help continuously improve or create our work processes
- Promote consistency amongst our processes through effective communication and sharing of best practices
- Incorporate process and procedure training while onboarding new employees
- Recommend efficiencies within the Investment Services department.
- Ensure all corporate policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to including compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements to mitigate the risk of loss to the Credit Union and members
- Maintain timely and effective controls and follow-up
- Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all member transactions
- Coordinate with internal and external partners in compliance oversight (Aviso, Centralized Compliance, Risk, etc.).
- Participate actively in strategic imperatives for wealth management
- Identify, analyze and generate solutions to problems based on established procedure and/or new opportunities
- Use problem solving and critical thinking to identify areas of operational improvement.
- Adhere to agree upon timelines for sharing of information.
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Supervisor, Wealth Manager opportunity will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience supporting wealth advisors, preferably with demonstrable experience in IIROC and/or MFDA environments.
Other competencies include the following:
- Demonstrated people leadership skills, including mentoring others as well as leading projects and initiatives
- Ability to build and sustain positive and effective working relationships with our employees, members, partners, and the wider community
- Proven ‘change agent’ experience; ability to embrace and promote new ideas, processes and trends
- Proven problem solving and process improvement skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize tasks
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity in presenting new ideas and solutions
This exciting, newly created role will provide the successful candidate with the ability to flex their leadership skills and play a key role in supporting and mentoring members of our Wealth team.
What We Can Offer You
- An employer that values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself while making a difference in the financial well-being of others.
- A financially stable and growing team that believes in providing world class service in our local setting.
- An employee focused culture that provides extensive learning and career development opportunities.
- Offers a competitive total rewards package including a defined contribution pension plan