SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax, NS.
To work as part of the program team responsible for developing and executing the selection strategy for major subcontractors. Will lead on to the procurement of major systems in support of complex shipbuilding programs for the Canadian Navy, including CSC:
- 10 years of management and strategic leadership in Supply Chain Management in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience in Naval Shipbuilding, or In Service Support of Naval vessels and capital Defense projects
- Experience in Category management in the Defense industry focusing on strategic relationships
- Experience working with long term multi-million dollar contracts involving complex risk management and high technology systems
- Accountable team worker
- Good analysis and presentation abilities, including Microsoft Excel, Power point and Word
- Professional expertise and leadership, with strong attention to detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Communication and organization skills
- Develop a contracting and relationship strategy with major subcontractors including solicitation documentation
- Devise appropriate contract structures and agreements for program delivery and management of business risk
- Negotiation of pricing and terms including flow down of customer requirements and deliverables, with appropriate risk sharing
- Contract generation, negotiation, execution and maintenance
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and agreed program schedules, agreement and monitoring of KPI’s
- Instruction and negotiation of changes to program, commercial and technical requirements
- Build and maintain a high performing relationship at all levels between Irving and the major sub-contractors
- Continually seek and implement improvement opportunities within the scope of the subcontractor relationships
- Compliance with all applicable legislation including health and safety
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.