Location: 811 Bovaird Dr. W., Brampton, ON L6X 0T9
Position: Sweet Maker (1)
Wages: $24.50 - $25.00 per hour for 32-40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Full time, Temporary
- Prepare and cook individual sweet dishes like Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, Besan Laddoo, Rassgulla, Barfi, Moti choor ladoo, Halwa, Milk Cake, Gajerella etc.
- Ensure quality of sweets.
- May train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of sweets.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of other sweet makers and helpers engaged in food preparation.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Determine how sweets should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Coordinate with cooks and other sweet makers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
Education: Completion of Secondary School is an asset.
Work Experience: 2-3 years experience of commercial cooking (sweet making) required