Systems Analyst – Information Security
Data and network security has fast become one of the most pressing concerns for businesses in Toronto. Costs associated with system and network downtime, security monitoring, and ongoing maintenance of IT systems, can run into tens of thousands of dollars per annum. This is why at IGTA, we offer remote network and security monitoring to a wide variety of local businesses.
At iGTA Security Systems, we're dedicated to providing our clients true security and peace of mind, may it be your home or business security or data and network security. When you know you're safe and secure, you can rest easily. With more than 10 years in the security business, we know what it takes to protect you and what is yours. We set ourselves apart with unwavering integrity and a strict code of ethics.
At iGTA Security Systems, we do everything needed to ensure our services are of high caliber, and because we integrate all of our services, we're able to deduce the most accurate picture of what's happening during a time of high urgency. While we hope nobody would ever need to use any emergency services, times are changing, and it is always smart to be prepared!
The SYSTEM ANALYST, INFORMATION SECURITY performs activities to gather and analyze security intelligence data in order to mitigate possible or real-time threats to iGTA’s network. Supports the Information Security program by providing technical assistance in protecting organizational resources by ensuring systems and projects comply with iGTA Information security policy; assist in Threat Risk Assessments for projects and operational upgrades; conducting Vulnerability Assessments; investigating/troubleshoots security incidents and conduct forensic analysis; researching emerging trends and standards in IT Security; assisting with security audits; managing corporate security policies and standards; implementing and recommending policy change to Security Architect; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job description, as required/requested.
- Protect and defend iGTA network.
- Uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network in order to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
- Recommend computing environment vulnerability corrections.
- Provide summary reports/metrics of network events and activity relevant to network defense practices as requested.
- Investigates/troubleshoots security incidents and forensic analysis response.
- Vulnerability assessment and management
- Analyze organization's network defense policies and configurations and evaluate compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
- Conduct and/or support authorized penetration testing on enterprise network assets.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable network defense (ND) policies, regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to network defense (CND) auditing.
- Assist with the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate risk.
- Researches best practices in the IT security field
- Supervises Security Audits.
- Performs cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job description as required/requested including educating users and mentoring staff
- Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contraventions of the Act, in a timely manner
- Oversees threat risk assessments and conducts vulnerability assessments.
- Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contraventions of the Act, in a timely manner.
- At minimum, completion of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or recognized equivalent required
- At a minimum, 4 -6 years of practical and related experience and/or 1-year on-the-job training required
- Knowledge of computer network defense (CND) and vulnerability assessment tools, including open source tools, and their capabilities
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
- Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host- and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies
- Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques (e.g., metasploit, BeEF)
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles
- Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies Professional Affiliations
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or SANS certification
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-time, permanent position;
- Compensation consists of $39.00/hour. Applicable overtime pay consisting of 1½ times the regular pay rate will apply after 44 hours of work per week;
- Work week consists of 40 hours depending on amount and complexity of projects.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by email to Tal.Igta@outlook.com with your resume and cover letter. Do not contact the employer directly as your resume has to be reviewed before you are contacted for an interview. You may also send your resume by mail to 2100 Steeles Ave W unit 104, Vaughan, ON, Canada.
Please visit our website at http://www.igtasecurity.com/home.html to know more about our products and services.