Our Calgary Systems Integration & Test team are looking for highly customer focused technical professionals to define and execute integration activities, develop test plans, test cases and test methods for system verification for the Canadian Army’s Land Command Support System. You will be innovative with test methods, create automated test programs, design and participate in verification tests in a lab environment.
Day to Day activities:
- Review of system and subsystem requirements specifications, interface control documents, design documents and use cases.
- Development of system integration and verification test procedures, including configuration descriptions and expected outcomes, in accordance with the design documents and company processes.
- Execute formal and informal test procedures, gather appropriate measures and data. Document all results.
- Perform investigations to clarify system problem components for further analysis.
- Write defect and test reports to demonstrate progress, communicate as required.
- Participate in integrated team activities with system engineering and development engineering teams.
- Conduct themselves professionally at all times, in all meetings and activities, and when included in customer attended events
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience (Bachelor’s degree) or 2-4 years’ experience (technical diploma) with the Integration and Verification of complex electronic systems comprising both developmental and COTS/MOTS components.
- Positive approach to learning and trying new things.
- Excellent communication abilities (written and verbal).
- Thorough understanding of the product development life cycle and associated processes
- Knowledge and experience with engineering and SIV&V process, including Agile/EDF.
- Experience in defining, developing and executing integration tests for complex functionality, and understanding the interdependencies and interactions between subsystems.
- Experience in the investigation, recommendations, and resolution of complex defects.
Experience with the any of the following tools is also desirable:
- Awareness of Test Automation principles; possesses applicable skills and can contribute to its implementation
- Familiarity with radios, voice/data networks, and Internet Protocol (IP).
- Code Collaborator/DM Workflow.
- Enterprise Architect
- Microsoft Visio and other Office Suite products.
- Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Our Company Benefits
Our contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check. We invest in our employees’ health and wellness, paid time off, retirement, income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
- Health and optional dental plan
- Life insurance and retirement benefits
- Vacation and flexible work environment
- On-site fitness facilities
- Free Parking
- Hockey and soccer leagues
- Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is one of the country’s most innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems, Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace accommodations are available).