• Research and monitor technology developments and industry trends, assess their applicability, functionality and reliability for the client and recommend technologies that will enhance productivity and the achievement of the client’s business objectives
• Resolve complex problems related to systems within area of expertise; apply existing criteria in new ways and may develop new approaches; act as a key contributor to the resolution of issues that cross business environments and functional areas; identify causes and implement solutions to the most complex/uncommon business problems in a multi-functional setting (a variety of new computing architectures and platforms), assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the functional/corporate level
• Monitor performance of systems and service agreements and provide support, including on-call, shift and/or weekend work as required, to ensure that ongoing service-delivery standards are met
• Provide expert advice on information technology (IT) concepts, architectures, policies and standards to Information Technology Services (ITS) management, colleagues and clients
• Research and evaluate products and potential solutions to support the evolution of the environment
• Provide leadership in the development, evolution and promotion of best practices, techniques, methods and tools
• Provide input into service line budgeting and planning – yearly ententes and medium-term direction
• Build long-term relationships or partnerships with internal/external clients and suppliers to support evolving business needs and may be called on to represent the client’s interests with stakeholders
• provide on-the-job training to colleagues
• Minimum of eight years of server administration experience, with five or more years of experience supporting critical server, security enhanced network and storage (storage area network (SAN)/network attached storage (NAS) technology) environments
• Strong knowledge of Samba and HNAS technologies
• Industry certification, e.g., Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) and Red Hat certificates
• Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages
• Experience with Linux Red Hat administration, Satellite services
• Proven technical understanding of UNIX and storage platforms and inter-networking architectures, as well as web computing architectures
• Experience with Oracle/Sun hardware, Solaris OS and virtualization, including LDOM and Zone containers (Solaris 10 and 11) and HP server hardware support
• Experience with VMware virtualization
• Experience in performance and capacity planning
• Strong knowledge of storage
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne.