The Systems Analyst (SA) plays an integral role in maintaining operational excellence of Seaspan’s live business systems. Working closely with team members and directly supporting end users, the Systems Analyst responds to user needs while determining appropriate urgency and priority.
Demonstrating strong technical aptitude and the natural ability to lead, the SA has a passion for service excellence, team collaboration and implementing systems that ensure successful user adoption and business outcomes.
- Ensure business operational excellence by working independently or with other teams such as the vendor to resolve production issues, identify trends or root-cause behaviours for recurring application issues or integration errors.
- Consistently provide exceptional end-user support by maintaining superior service levels and strong relationships through incident resolution, administration functions such as: security changes and batch uploads, request prioritization and delivery, system user training and process change management.
- Preform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software etc.
- Actively and regularly develop artifacts such as Incident Reports, and Troubleshooting Knowledge Articles.
- Provide emergency production support; liaising with end users, other IT teams and vendors to troubleshoot and provide solutions.
- For basic or out-of-the box system changes, work with users and vendors to clarify and document requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, process analysis, and proactively make solution recommendations.
- Liaise with appropriate individuals for project testing including: development of test scripts, compile test completion metrics for test script execution.
- Demonstrate quality excellence in the execution and documentation of work showing a balance of technical and business knowledge, and communication with end users.
- Participate in the rollout of process improvements; proactively identify and make suggestions for new improvements.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 1 year related work experience (systems analysis, application development and support, operations support, service desk).
- Preference for experience in both on-premise and SaaS applications development
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and foster a friendly, team-oriented workplace.
- A passion for service excellence and business enablement, proven ability to deliver on work products that provide measureable business benefit.
- A developing understanding of how the business works, and continually develops business acumen through learning and training.
- A developing understanding of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages and relational databases, such as .Net, Java, C#, SharePoint, Oracle and SQL Server.