At Alberta Blue Cross, we are dedicated to exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We are committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do and place trust in our people to deliver our vision.
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opportunity for a systems analyst that specializes in Microsoft ASP.net. This position will analyze business requirements, perform design, development, support and documentation activities in a Microsoft ASP.net application environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes application problems and recommends modifications.
- Designs and builds custom pages for various business units.
- Produces and maintains program code and documentation.
- Designs and builds data interfaces and extracts.
- Designs logical and physical data models.
- Prepares functional specifications for user sign-off.
- Performs systems testing with internal and external clients. Provide support during various phases of testing.
- Prepares Operations instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Reviews requirements with the users and provides time estimates for task completion.
- Coach and mentor less experienced developers.
- Lead and facilitate design meetings.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A Computing Science degree or Computer Systems Technology diploma.
- Experience in setting up the project structure, defining coding patterns/practices, selecting the appropriate .NET and UI Widget libraries for the application.
- Develop mobile display enabled web applications using responsive design, CSS, Media Query.
- Demonstrated experience in a Microsoft environment using ASP.net, C# and Visual Studio.
- Demonstrated experience with VB .net, Spring .net, iBATIS, CVS, ComponentArt, Altova, iText and Infragistics would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn business applications.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills. Must be comfortable interacting with external clients.
- Demonstrated leadership would be highly beneficial.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.