Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
The Systems Engineer role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the R&D lab including racking, deploying and managing physical and virtual servers, storage solutions and network infrastructure. The primary focus of the Systems Engineer is to ensure the stability, scalability and performance of the R&D lab infrastructure.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the R&D lab infrastructure including physical and virtual servers, storage solutions and networks.
- Perform OS installation and system administration for a variety of Windows and Linux distros.
- Maintain system and network stability and performance by performing regular monitoring, analysis and performance tuning, and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and network problems.
- Manage daily backups of servers and network equipment.
- Support lab asset management activities, including resource planning, procurement, racking, cabling, usage monitoring, license tracking, and inventory management.
- Provide Service Desk support to the product development teams through our online Helpdesk system.
- Document designs, standard operating procedures (SOP) and disaster recovery (DR) plans.
- 5+ years related work experience as a Systems Administrator/Network Engineer supporting the IT Infrastructure at a mid to enterprise size global company.
- Expertise with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Linux (various distros) operating systems
- Expertise with Active Directory and AD-integrated services including management of users, computers and groups, DNS and DHCP.
- Expertise with virtualization technologies, specifically VMware vSphere 5 or higher.
- Working knowledge and experience using Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Proficient at configuring Cisco switches and routers, Juniper SSG or SRX security appliances, and Dell Networking switches.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs, Trunking, Link Aggregation, IPv4/IPv6 routing, wireless networks, firewall and SSL/IPSec VPNs.
- Experience with storage solutions (e.g., NetApp, Dell EqualLogic, Tegile, Microsoft Storage Server) and protocols (e.g., iSCSI and NFS).
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Proficient with enterprise backup solutions such as Veeam.
- Experience with ITIL processes.
About Trend Micro Ottawa
The Deep Security R&D team is comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best darn software imaginable. The atmosphere is relaxed, spacious, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning. A few specifics:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Regular Hack Days!
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas
Trend Micro is one of Canada’s top employers. If you are interested in learning more, follow the link to see why working at Trend Micro could be the right move for you https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-trend-micro-canada-technologies
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.