Our client, an innovative manufacturer of complex sensors and microscopy imaging systems and devices, is currently searching for an experienced Systems Engineer to join them on a permanent full-time basis at their facility in Richmond Hill.
The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplined team of engineers to provide design and applications support to the customers and end users.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers to understand their requirements and applications throughout development/improvement processes and provide in-depth knowledge of company products along with advice and solutions.
- Responsible through all stages of development from: design through prototyping, validation, design, testing, operational evaluation in the field, and into production.
- Working with developers to identify and resolve more complex issues and problems.
- Review and/or create BOM, system diagrams, specifications, manufacturing instructions, training material, and user manual.
- Develop manufacturing and calibration procedures to satisfy emerging requirements.
- Responsible for calibration and alignment of sensitive optics when required.
- Documentation and providing solutions and fixes of product errors, bugs, end-user feature improvements, and operations feature improvements.
- Perform system level conceptual design of automated microscopy solutions
- Provide expert advice to Sales
- Supervise and play a central role in new microscopy system design and its manufacturing
- Propose new designs, and modernizations/upgrades to existing designs
- In collaboration with Applications/QC, formulate design verification and validation requirements, and product acceptance criteria
- Carry out prototype design optimization and verification
- Help to solve system level field problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Controls, Engineering Physics)
- 5+ years of experience working on an interdisciplinary system development such as: (robotics, automation, machine vision, optical microscopy, and digital video or image processing)
- Hands on experience in the development of electrical, opto-mechanical, and software systems and technical support and testing would be required
- Excellent Problem solving and communications skills
- Optical experience is essential
- Strong time management skills to prioritize time and projects
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and also be able to work in a team environment
- Strong project management skills would be a definite asset
Please send all qualified resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 307