We currently have a new position for an Intermediate System Integration & Test Engineer within the Land and Joint Solutions Area working on the LEISC program. As part of the team you will work within a small product integration team of 5-6 testers, performing integration and verification of firmware intended for use on military land combat vehicles.
Your day to day will include:
- Perform firmware integration test activities for firmware builds.
- Review of subsystem and product requirements specifications, interface control documents, design documents and use cases and develop manual and automated product integration and verification test procedures in accordance with the design documents and company processes.
- Execute manual and automated product integration and verification test procedures of various scope and complexity based on provided product level designs.
- Analyze, interpret and document test results and develop product integration and verification test reports.
- Identify, investigate and document defects, and verify solutions.
- Generate, maintain and improve lab scripts for automated testing.
- Support customer installation, integration and test activities.
- Understand concept of requirements verification.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or applicable discipline with 3-5 years of experience in software or firmware testing and integration and verification of electronic products/systems.
- Experience in defining, developing and executing integration tests for complex functionality and understanding the interdependencies and interactions between subsystems.
- Experience in the investigation, recommendations, and resolution of defects.
- Experience with test automation and development of automated tests to improve efficiency of integration testing.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Enthusiastic contributor, willing to learn new skills, and takes pride and ownership of work.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience in Linux, Python, Robot and Git
- Familiarity with radios, voice/data networks, and Internet Protocol (IP).
- Experience with management tools such as Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Requirements Tools
Our Company BenefitsOur contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check. We invest in our employees’ health and wellness, paid time off, retirement, income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
- Health and optional dental plan
- Life insurance and retirement benefits
- Vacation and flexible work environment
- On-site fitness facilities
- Free parking
- Hockey and soccer leagues
- Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems–CanadaGeneral Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is one of the country’s most innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems, Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace accommodations are available).