TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
Are you passionate about using your talents to inspire those around you? As the TAD Specialist at TRIUMF you ensure that the learning and development programs we build and deliver will enable employees to model the TRIUMF values of Excellence & Integrity, Safety & Accountability, and Equity & Inclusion as they progress along their career path. You have practical experience and knowledge in the field of adult learning and/or coaching and current with trends in this rapidly evolving digital world and are eager to not only do things differently, but to make a difference.
The TAD Specialist will contribute to learning programs that support the goals and objectives outlined in TRIUMF’s Five-Year Strategic Plan and reflect the organizational core values. Key accountabilities include:
- Manage a talent pipeline in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Perform full-cycle recruiting, including sourcing passive candidates, screening active candidates, researching, interviewing, referencing, creating employment agreements and coordinating on-boarding
- Develop a talent pool and maintain a candidate pipeline using effective sourcing strategies
- Collaborate with leadership teams to develop talent acquisition strategies
- Provides coaching to hiring managers in developing their skills in assessment and selection of candidates
- Manages and builds partnerships with educational institutions and other relevant groups including participating in career fairs and campus recruitment initiatives
- Provide direct advice on the development and implementation of hiring policies and on boarding best-practices
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources or within the recruitment industry
- A diploma or degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- The completion, working towards or desire to work towards a CPHR designation is preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate and present ideas and information
- Results-oriented, demonstrating ownership and accountability
- Working knowledge of project management practices an asset
- Coaching designation considered an asset
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/  ;
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 763
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Closing date: February 10, 2020
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.