The Health Services I+IT Cluster (HSC) provides information management and information technology solutions that enable and support the business requirements of the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Long-Term Care and its agents. The cluster supports the Ontario government’s I+IT Strategy and plays a leadership role in major business transformation initiatives and infrastructure projects that are currently underway. The cluster is also working to promote the evolution towards a common IT infrastructure for government.
Ontario’s case and contact management ecosystem is composed of eight (8) key dynamic components from: 1) Early Warnings; 2) Lab Results; 3) Exposure Notification; 4) Case & Contact Management 5) Outbreak Management; 6) Care Support Integration; 7) Provincial Reporting and Analytics and 8) Immunization, Vaccine Management and Immunity Passport.
The Ministry has developed an integrated and comprehensive plan to prepare Ontario for the Fall influenza season and future waves of COVID-19. Since the initial launch of the Case and Contact Management I&IT solution (CCM Phase 0) on July 17, 2020, the project has achieved on-boarding of over 2,200 users to the provincial case and contact management system, near real-time (30 mins) direct integration with the provincial laboratory system, OLIS, data migration from the legacy system -- iPHIS, complex duplicate management and an enhanced epi-data model for more sophisticated tracking, reporting and data analytics.
The CCM solution with its seamless integration of laboratory and public health information, is to be expanded and enhanced under CCM Phase 1 for reporting and managing not only COVID-19, but influenza, other respiratory outbreaks and reportable diseases. The expanded and enhanced CCM Phase 1 will address and align with the increased workforce in the PHUs, for contact tracing and the addition of public health nurses within the school setting and required guided workflow and product configurations and enhancements; support upload and management of school and travellers’ lists (and others) along with communication; expand the system to support influenza, other respiratory infectious diseases and other reportable diseases (fully replacing the legacy iPHIS system); and increase operational support to manage the increase in end users, functionality and expanded system usage (other reportable diseases).
The Task-based I&IT Consultant, Level 3 will influence the design and development using clinical or epidemilogical expertise to inform technology solutions for the Case and Contact Management project. This is a highly specialized position requiring extensive knowledge of clinical domains and health informatics experience, the Ontario and Canadian health technology landscape and health care information technology.
• Provide expert advice on clinical informatics to inform Ontario’s COVID-19, infectious respiratory and reportable diseases management approach for the Case and Contact Management (CCM) solution
• Provide strategic advice to inform the system integration and use of standardized data repositories to assist with the uploading of data for respiratory infectious diseases and other reportable diseases
• Provide a clinical informatics perspective to inform the comprehensive technology platform, technical strategy and end user practices for the CCM solution
• Deliver strategic guidance with regards to Information Management (IM) and the business processes through enhancements to IT as it relates to the CCM project
• Prepare deliverables to support the implementation, adoption and enhancement of standardized case and contact management tool for central use across the province
• Provide expert advice to support more streamlined processes for the Stats Canada and PHU contact tracers
• Provide advice for enhanced data models to support stronger epidemiological needs, case linking and outbreak management.
• Act as the senior advisor/expert, coordinates all aspects of a specific deliverable including the supervision of consultants where appropriate
• Provide a key liaison between the project and external stakeholders including Ontario Health, Canada Health Infoway, the Ontario “Connecting” projects and eHealth Liaison Branch
• Anticipate and resolve problems to ensure that the deliverables are completed within budget, to the highest quality, meeting or exceeding expectations
• Identify conflicts and communicate deliverable conflicts or issues to the engagement lead or client manager
• Build positive relationships by developing an understanding of business and deliverable needs
• Identify project and strategic risks and provide mitigation strategies
• Provide the quality assurance/quality control of specific deliverables by overseeing junior staff
• Act as the senior technical advisor/expert, coordinate all aspects of a specific deliverable, including the supervision of vendors/consultants where appropriate
• Develop mechanisms, frameworks, processes and procedures for implementing the deliverables
• Plan timelines and the resources needed
• Apply the best practices in design, build, development and deployment, to meet the functional and non-functional requirements, adhering to GO-ITS and Ontario Health 2.0 standards and internal branch standards and in some cases proposing amendments to those standards
• Work with business analysts to translate the business requirements and functional specifications into an application design appropriate to meet the business and operational/IT needs and define project scope
• Assist with the development of business requirements
• Clarify client’s system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business
• Liaise with staff at all levels of client’s organization
• Analyze I&IT requirements and give independent and objective advice on the use of I&IT
• Prepare reports, presentations, including options, recommendations, implementation plans, designs, strategies and change-management options, etc.
• Present solutions in written or oral reports
• Prepare documentation and presents progress reports to management as required.
10+ years of experience in the following:
1. Design and Implementation:
• Experience in agile methodologies for the analysis, design, development and implementation of solutions in large complex environments
• Knowledge of emerging IT trends and directions in the development of mobile, web services, and web-based technology
• Proven working experience of emerging IT trends and directions related to hybrid, on premise and Cloud development and implementations
2. 3. Team leadership:
• Working knowledge of HL7 related standards such as HL7 FHIR, HL7V2, V3 HL7-CDA, IHE-XDS/SCR, and knowledge of terminology standards such as SNOMED-CT and LOINC
• Experience leading a technical team
Core Skills and Experience
10+ years of experience in the following:
• Proven leadership skills with ability to identify areas for improvement, and recommend solutions
• Coordinating all aspects of a specific deliverable including the supervision of consultants where appropriate
• Anticipating and resolving problems to ensure that the deliverables are completed within budget, to the highest quality, meeting or exceeding expectations
• Identifying conflicts and communicating deliverable conflicts or issues to the engagement lead or client manager
• Building positive relationships by developing an understanding of business and deliverable needs
• Developing mechanisms, frameworks, processes and procedures for implementing deliverables
• Preparing reports, presentations, including options, recommendations, implementation plans, designs, strategies and change-management options etc.
• Working with business analysts to translate the business requirements and functional specifications into an application design appropriate to meet the business and operational/IT needs and define project scope
• Assisting with the development of business requirements
• Planning timelines and required resources
• Identifying project and strategic risks and provide mitigation strategies
• Defining and designing application, mobile, software, hardware and network requirements
• Designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems
• Preparing documentation, and presenting solutions and progress reports to clients
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
Public Sector Healthcare Experience
• 5+ years of experience working with federal/provincial/broader public-sector healthcare providers
• Knowledge and understanding of Ministry policy and IT project approval processes and requirements
• Extensive knowledge of the Ontario Health Technology landscape in Ontario
• Knowledge of Ontario health building blocks such as the Client, Provider, Consent and User Registries
• Working knowledge of Health Consent management technologies such as HIPAAT
• Extensive experience with health care IT systems and standards in Ontario
• Knowledge of the Immunization, Pharmacy, Lab, Drug domains as well as other health domains in general
• Experience with large complex IT Health related projects
• Experience with government IT systems and processes.
• Demonstrated strong leadership and people management skills and experience
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
• Proven troubleshooting and critical thinking experience
• Demonstrated ability to apply strong listening skills to facilitate issue resolution
• Effective consulting skills to engage with all stakeholders with proven track record for building strong working relationships
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills with ability to build rapport with stakeholders and drive negotiations to a successful outcome
• Excellent customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy to ensure client needs are managed effectively
• A motivated, flexible, detail-oriented and creative team player with perseverance, excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities
• Proven track record for meeting strict deadlines.undefined