Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Tax, this position is responsible for ensuring complete and accurate accounting and reporting of the tax accounts, as well as assisting with the domestic and international tax compliance obligations. This unique role provides both accounting and tax responsibilities.
We require an experienced, organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, tech savvy accountant with strong tax accounting knowledge. You are an accomplished and designated accountant who has corporate tax experience under your belt and you are willing to delve into our financial accounting system.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of audited financial statements by country and provinces
- Prepare monthly tax provisions and journal entries including tax account reconciliations
- Prepare annual consolidated tax provisions including income tax notes and analysis for audited financial statement disclosures
- Coordinate with external tax advisors in foreign jurisdictions to assist with foreign company/branch financial statement preparation and intercompany head office charges
- Assist with Board, as well as shareholder tax reporting requirements
- Reconcile tax withholding accounts and coordinate with the business unit accountants to obtain the required withholding tax certificate backups
- Prepare the annual Canadian and US corporate tax returns and related Canadian and US tax filings including assisting with the annual Canadian SR&ED claim
- Liaise with external tax advisors in foreign jurisdictions to meet the tax compliance (corporate/branch and payroll) filing requirements
- Assist with Treaty Residency certificate requests and foreign permanent establishment/ sales tax analysis
- Assist with the review of foreign tax returns prepared by external tax advisors
- Prepare and file monthly/quarterly excise, commodity and indirect tax returns (i.e. VAT, GST/HST, PST and foreign sales & use tax)
- Assist with various tax research projects and duties as required
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- CPA designation with minimum 5+ years related work experience
- Solid understanding and practical experience in Canadian corporate tax, accounting for taxes, including FIT and general tax accounting are required. US corporate tax and expat tax experience an asset
- Good working knowledge of ASPE and interest in international tax
- Adept at using MS Office particularly Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, SUMIF, OFFSET, VLOOKUP) and TaxPrep
- Self-motivated and organized with a critical attention to detail and a bias for action
- Proven track record of ability to multi-task and to deliver high quality work as well as ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Deadline oriented workstyle and strong work ethic: ability to work under pressure during critical reporting and tax compliance deadlines and to be fully accountable for deliverables
Klohn Crippen Berger is an engineering, geoscience and environmental consulting firm working in the mining, hydropower, transportation, infrastructure and energy sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1432-C19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.