ARE YOU A SEASONED TAX MANAGER LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a dynamic professional on a full-time basis.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the preparation of the tax provision working papers for our global organization. This position will prepare the more complex Canadian corporate income tax returns and working with our advisors, will ensure the timely preparation and filing of our US tax returns and review various foreign tax returns. The Manager will oversee the preparation of T1134s, 5471s and other information returns. Other duties include tax estimates, installment schedules, reconciling assessment notices to tax returns filed and providing support for government tax audits. The Tax Manager will also be required to assist with special projects as needed.
About the Opportunity
- Preparing quarterly and annual tax provision working papers, tax estimates and installment schedules for the global organization
- Working with our advisors on the preparation of US consolidated federal and state tax returns and information returns (5471s)
- Canadian corporate tax returns and T1134s, as well as other information returns
- Reconciling assessment notices to tax returns filed, and providing support for government tax audits
- Assistance with preparation of the annual budget file
- Assistance with research and analysis on a wide variety of tax issues in multiple jurisdictions.
- CPA designation, or enrollment in the CPA program
- A university degree with an accounting major or equivalent experience required, including completion of a university-level corporate tax course
- Two to three years of corporate tax experience, ideally including both Canadian and US tax
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting for income taxes
- Knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Adept with Canadian and US tax software (e.g. Taxprep, In Source)
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience with tax software (e.g. Longview Solutions)
- Experience with accounting software – Sun Systems, Great Plains, HFM, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting for tax purposes and financial accounting
- University degree in accounting, or with an accounting major
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #22547.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.