Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal; Quebec City
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Then this opportunity is for you!
As a member of our team, you will play a strategic role in helping the practice to deliver the highest quality services to our clients in a way that protects our brand and reputation. The successful candidate will have enhanced visibility to, and direct interaction with, senior tax partners as well as senior leaders in our Canadian firm and globally.
What will your typical day look like?
You will manage a team tasked with providing high-level tax advice to help our clients achieve tax savings. Examine tax provisions and prepare opinions and other tax documents. Supervise the preparation of tax returns. Identify and define new opportunities for additional tax services. Organize and carry out engagements for clients while assuming the role of senior business advisor. Develop your expertise in an area of specialization. Participate in the development and delivery of training programs. Act as a mentor and coach for junior tax specialists to help them achieve their full potential.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- An Undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in taxation or completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course; accounting designation an asset;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Proven skills in delivering the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision-making, documentation, management of client expectations and team leadership;
- Ability to execute a client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the partners in exceeding our client’s expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects;
- Willingness to travel in Quebec.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.