TEAM LEAD - COMBAT SYSTEMS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time staff role (1 position) based in Halifax NS.
Team Lead, Combat Systems
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Relevant Post Secondary: Science, Technology or Engineering
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5-8+ years' of experience in an Engineering/Programmatic Naval environment
- Experience working with military standards and specifications
- Experience in Naval combat and information systems design and support
- Experience in the shipbuilding industry (naval preferred) considered an asset
- Experience working on major Defence contracts considered an asset
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
This position, specializing in naval information and communications systems will report to the Canadian Surface Combatant Project Combat Support Systems Manager and will be responsible for:
- Internal and External Communications Systems, and Naval Information systems (NavIS), including Classified and Unclassified networks, Computing devices, applications and storage
- Manage the design, integration and accreditation of all NavIS and communications systems
- Lead the NavIS Integrated Product Team
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Emily Snow at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.