Energy Safety Canada is the national safety association for the oil and gas industry. We develop and support common industry safety standards, deliver effective learning systems, share data analysis and safety expertise with workers and employers, and advocate for worker health and safety. Our goal is the same as industry’s — zero injuries, zero incidents. Learn more at www.EnergySafetyCanada.com.
Reporting to the Registrar, Enrolment Services the Team Lead will supervise and support the daily operations of Energy Safety Canada’s customer facing department. The Team Lead’s main responsibilities will include stakeholder support, daily workflow management and employee training and development. This role will also become the subject matter expert in Energy Safety Canada ’s enrolment functions such as registration, certification, course information and records management. Collaborating with the Registrar, Enrolment Services the Team Lead will also assist in the development of enrolment policies and procedures. Administrative duties related to supervision also required.
- Stakeholder Support: Ensure maintenance of high levels of customer service, policy and process accuracy is obtained. Troubleshoot and provide issues resolution and support for customer queries and issues. Process internal requests/issue resolution (accounting, training department) as required
- Operational Support: Manage daily workflow cycles. Ensure service level objectives for stakeholder inquires (i.e. call answer and email response) and certification cycles are maintained or exceeded. Schedule staff accordingly (time off approvals meet operational demands).
- Staffing Support: Provide new hire and ongoing training and mentoring to Enrolment Services Administrators on procedures, policy, customer service, technology and tools. Provide continuous coaching to frontline staff. Investigate development opportunities for team (continuous training and development). Hire as required.
- Enrolment Subject Matter Expert:
- Develop a good working knowledge of all enrolment process flows
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues to workflows
- Daily workflow management to maintain or exceed service targets
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Internal engagement: Represent Enrolment Services on cross-functional teams as required. Support business priorities by implementing appropriate engagement measures (i.e. monthly safety meetings).
- Reporting: Provide weekly reporting of all enrolment/customer service activity, as required
- Other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a related post-secondary diploma or degree.
- Requires at least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a related leadership role.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, student information systems and call center tools.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exercise tact and discretion when entrusted with confidential information.
- Self-starter – must be able to work with very little or no supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, documentation, mentoring and knowledge transfer skills.
- A positive, collaborative and supportive leader who has the demonstrated ability to organize, motivate, mentor and lead by example. Ability to foster and coach team members to achieve outstanding service levels
- Ability to help the Enrolment services group develop outstanding in-person, phone/email, and on-line assistance.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume environment that is deadline driven
Be a part of building a stronger, safer workforce!
- Great Base Salaries
- Full Medical & Dental Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Paid Vacation
- Flex Days
- Employee Education Assistance Program
Qualified candidates are asked to submit resumes by visiting our website:
Submissions should be in MS Word or PDF formats only.
Energy Safety Canada would like to thank all applicants for their submissions; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.