Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Locationof position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassins Creed, Far Cry, For HonorTM, Tom Clancys Splinter Cell, and Watch Dogs. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canadas Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Team Lead Level Designer at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Team Lead Level Designer, you will be responsible for defining and realizing the level design vision and pillars. You will be in charge of the Level Design team and work closely with them to ensure a gameplay experience of the highest possible quality.
The daily life of a Team Lead Level Designer at Ubisoft Toronto
- Review and feedback level design to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game;
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts;
- Oversee the day-to-day work of the Level Design team; maintaining a quality bar in the mission gameplay experience;
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the level design team;
- Work closely with the Level Design team to facilitate and promote different core and class mechanics;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets expectations;
- Be able to take charge of Level design as a discipline while promoting and building a strong cooperative culture with other disciplines;
- Carry out performance follow ups and assessments;
- Participate in the selection of team members;
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation;
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- College diploma in Game Design. Certification in project management or equivalent (an asset).
- 5 years as a Senior Level Designer or Lead Level Designer on at least two AAA titles.
- Experience supervising a level design team a significant asset.
- Any other relevant experience.
- Absolute passion for making games;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure their own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule);
- Communication skills (inter-team, etc.);
- Management and planning skills;
- Ability to adapt to situations;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Client focus (internal and external).
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canadas Top 100 Employers, and one of Canadas Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.