Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is currently looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer to join our Communications Business Unit in Toronto, ON, Canada.
We are an experienced chip team working with the latest semiconductor development tools and methodologies in advanced process technologies to develop state-of-the-art network devices. As a member of the CBU team you will be responsible for design, verification and/or implementation of digital integrated circuits at the block level or top level of a device.
The role of the Senior Product Development Engineer includes:
• Design and implementation of communication semiconductor devices including: RTL development, device and block level verification, floor planning, synthesis, physical layout support, static timing analysis and DFT.
• Develop circuits for subsystems using Digital Design techniques. Implement through RTL coding in System Verilog and synthesis into logic gates.
• Design of verification testbenches in System Verilog and execution of test plans using verification methodologies such as UVM
• Integration of digital and analog circuits with Design-for-Test (DFT) techniques, and verify physical timing specifications through Static Timing Analysis (STA)
• Support of products from Specification through to Production by interacting with Engineers in Physical Design, Validation, Applications, Software/Firmware, Product Marketing and Production Engineering
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• 10+ years related experience
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues
• Proven ability to thrive on, learn and adapt to new methodologies and technologies
• Strong coding skills
• Experience using one or more of System Verilog/Verilog/VHDL, Tcl/Perl/Python, C/C++, XML
• Experience in designing, synthesizing or verifying Verilog or VHDL based designs for silicon, on FPGA or other platforms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Familiarity with communication protocols such as Ethernet, OTN and others (an asset)
• Experience with Synopsys or Cadence tool flows for synthesis, verification or STA (an asset)
• Experience with 65nm and smaller silicon process technologies (an asset)