Enterprise Incident Manager - Intermediate
Duration - 3 Months
Location - Toronto, Downtown
The ideal candidate will be working with internal and vendor support to ensure that Severity Notifications are delivered to the organization in accordance with the Enterprise Incident Management Process. Facilitation of calls in response to restoring service as per process with other technology partners who also have accountability to participate in incidents. They will be functioning as the incident “Owner” for Major Incidents and has overall responsibility for the incident through its life cycle. Accountable to ensure that all IT teams follow the incident management process for every incident. Manage, monitor and track all Potential and Actual Major incidents through the Technology Operations Enterprise Incident Management process. Accountable that incidents flow efficiently through the Incident process ensuring the incidents are resolved in a timely and consistent manner. He/she should have the ability to coordinate a large group of technical resources during Major Incidents and retain control of conference calls. Ability to understand customer needs and expectations to provide excellent service. Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner. You have the ability to interact with and influence people/groups of widely varying disciplines and backgrounds.
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have at least 5+ years’ experience as a Service Desk Specialist
- Must have experience with first and second level support
- Must have knowledge of ITIL foundation
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Must have excellent communication skills, listening, written and verbal
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft application software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be service oriented, adaptable and resilient
- 5+ years of experience in an incident response or service desk position
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of/experience with ServiceNow Incident Module
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Skype for Business
- Relationship Management--Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with vendors and peers.
- Written Communications--Ability to produce business and technology communications that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and order of presentation.
- Oral Communications--Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure.
- Interpersonal Relationships--Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Leadership--Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others.
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations to provide excellent service
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience running Incidents in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- Experience with IT process related industry best practice frameworks and standards