Client ID: 268292
On behalf of our client in the Telecommunications Sector, Procom is looking for a Technical Architect.
Technical Architect - Job Description
- Responsible for configuration, management and maintenance of IP network elements and technology platforms (Juniper / Cisco).
- Provide expert technology platform support of change control process, including impact analysis, method of procedure review, implementation and verification.
- Maintain all related network design and support documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring seamless introduction of new technology platforms and services into production Network.
- Must be willing to work in an on-call environment (night shift).
- Adhere to all policy and legal requirements under Health and Safety legislation.
Technical Architect - Mandatory Skills
- Role Specific Competencies: Innovation/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgment, Achievement Orientation and Listening, Understanding and Responding.
- Experienced-based knowledge of Juniper MX-960 Hardware. JNCIS certification or better an asset.
- Experience with networking, Cisco routers/switches and subneting, protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP etc).
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, specifically relating to the routing of IP packets (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, MPLS VPN, and Multicasting).
- Experienced-based knowledge of Cisco hardware and platforms such as ASR9K, CRS-1, CRS-3 and Cisco (IOS, IOS-XR). CCNP certification or better an asset.
- 5 years or greater experience in IP-based service operational environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, in an organized, methodical and pleasant manner.
- Ability to take ownership and co-ordinate resolution of network related problems.
- Outstanding analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Technical Architect - Assignment Start Date
ASAP - 3 months to start
Technical Architect - Assignment Location