Please only respond to this job if you meet the minimum qualifications. Please note candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position:
Bilingual Technical Customer Service Rep - Electrical in Burlington, ON
*Please apply with Word Document resume.
Reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor the Customer Service Representative, will be responsible for providing customers, distributors, end users, potential future customers and Field Sales with technical support and product, delivery, pricing, claims/returns and program information. The incumbent will also manage customer orders, including order entry and order changes, and will expedite orders and shipments with operations.
- Serve as a key point contact for all product related activities that are handled through the Customer Service Centre (pre-order/present-order/post-order).
- Provide telephone support for order entry, order expedites, special shipments as well as any other inquiries related to shelf-good products.
- Enters new orders from customers through multiple order entry systems, with emphasis on error-free order management and same-day order entry. Enters changes and cancellations from customers through multiple order entry systems, using established business rules.
- Provide product selection and identification for new applications, as well as cross reference for old-to-new and for competitors’ products.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate customer information, validating price, verifying order terms and conditions, confirming routing rules and entering shipment, quantity and date information.
- Proactively communicates in a timely manner with external customers about order verification, order status, pricing and shipment status. Communicates in a timely manner with supply chain to verify lead times, schedule customer orders according to their delivery needs and communicate special handling requests.
- Manage orders in an environment within a fast-paced and changing environment across multiple business systems.
- Provide cross-functional support to our logistics and supply chain department as well as warehouses across Canada.
- Applies extensive knowledge of business processes and systems to excel at the following: expedite orders to prevent customer line downs or machine downtime; process emergency and/or expedited orders and shipments in a timely manner; provide customers and/or distributors with product information; and prepare price quotations.
- Maintains accurate and organized order files, order acknowledgments and customer contact information (including ship-to addresses).
- Promotes customer satisfaction and achieves cycle time reduction through team-based problem solving. Regularly participates in cross-functional teams to solve recurring customer issues.
- Participates in the After-Hours Emergency Pager rotation (as assigned).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma
- Bilingual in English and French
- 1-3 years of customer facing / customer service support experience
- 2 years’ experience in the electrical industry
- Strong computer skills and highly proficient in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Global Vista, Oracle / Sterling platform
- Working knowledge of BidManager software
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components and systems
- Effective time management and strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication).
- Proficient in creative problem solving, conflict resolution and managing priorities.
- The position operates in a global business environment, dealing with diverse viewpoints and cultures.
When you join The Bartech Group, an Impellam company you launch a career. Bartech one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. We specialize in Contract and Direct Placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Professional and Finance & Accounting specialists.
Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce and we invite all applicants to apply. We review all applications and will contact candidates whose skills are best suited for this role. If you are not immediately contacted please note that we will retain your resume for future opportunities.