Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
Technician Coordinator will be responsible for effectively overseeing the troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical and electrical systems of a locomotive. Work directly with customers and their employees. Work involves considerable amount of creativity, perception, and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice to customers regarding proper facilities, tooling, maintenance practices, and operation of product to maximize reliability and performance and reduce repair cycle times;
- Improve maintenance trends through individual locomotive performance including predictive and historical trends;
- Train and develop new employees (hourly and salaried);
- Ensure all governmental agency inspection requirements and/or procedures are accounted for and documented;
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with, "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct."
Education / Training
- University/College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical/Electrical education or experience.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Medium level of mechanical and electrical aptitude;
- Knowledge of fundamental inspection and reliability procedures and processes;
- Ability to read Engineering drawings;
- Knowledge of shop practices and basic machinery;
- Ability to work as a part of a multi shift seven (7) day a week operation.
Progress Rail Locomotive Canada offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, Company Pension plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays.