Technical Infrastructure & Construction Project Manager
Apex Systems is a large technical staffing and consulting firm and we are looking for a Technical Infrastructure & Construction Project Manager for our client, an Enterprise Technology provider to oversee the development of company marketing programs.
Client: Enterprise Technology Location: Mississauga, Ontario Contract: 1 year
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Miranda Harambasic at email@example.com
- The Project Manager will be a relentless advocate for managing a safe worksite, supporting the implementation of the High Risk Activity (HRA) program and work with our Regional Construction PM, EHS Regional Manager, and General Contractor groups to deliver trade collaboration methods to improve safe working and co-ordination of the job sites.
- The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating internal company scope and resource efforts, requirements, and schedules with those of the Lease Providers, General Contractor, Owned Vendors and Suppliers to ensure a smooth and timely handover of the fitted out Data Centre facility and capacity to the Operations team and Business Groups.
- The Project Manager will coordinate with the Data Center Engineering (DCE) team and supporting specialty consultants to review, improve and execute the design.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of the telecom materials procurement, telecoms installation, Security systems installation, FFE procurement and installation
- Coordination of the design, procurement, installation and turn up of the facility Corporate Network
- In cooperation with the Construction Lead this position aligns metro wide delivery strategies to local team objectives, business processes, vendor management strategies, and cross-group collaboration efforts.
- The Project Manager will align with the Regional Construction PM to agree delivery strategies across multi sites and manage a continuous improvement program that will result in a lean project delivery approach.
- The Project Manager will be the responsible identifying and managing stakeholder dependencies and construction deliverables and handoffs for/with Security (DCPS), IT (CSE), DCI NE, Networking and Integrated services.
- The Project Manager will work closely with Regional Commissioning Manager to ensure all commissioning requirements are met.
- The Project Manager will verify compliance of “Ready for Service” checklist verification and milestone. Additionally, will follow up Post 30-days RFS to ensure all documents have been released and all punchlist items have been completed.
- The Project Manager will do regular site visits to verify safety, construction activity progress, and engage in regular cadence meetings.
- The Project Manager will report to DCP Regional Construction PM and Regional ITIM team leader.
- Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective solutions in line with evolving lease program specification requirements and report on KPIs for the same.
- Manage the selection, contracting, and integration of multiple vendors and internal partners.
- Drive deployment of solutions that can be socialized globally across DCP projects, both builds and leases.
- Facilitate client/sponsor decision-making to drive solutions, schedules, and manage change as required.
- Apply influence, strategies and negotiation skills to identify options and recommend solutions.
- Ensure continuity and consistency on how RFS is accomplished and achieved. As a result, minimize delivery delays.
- Regularly reviews cost and KPI metrics, invoices, process/policy communications to client partners.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of vendors, cost managers, and integration of lessons learned in support of the Regional Construction PM.
- Attend scheduled Integration meeting and other project meetings, and report as necessary.
- Report Project Progress on scope, schedule, and budget in relation to the Integration scope and packages as required.
- Provide weekly project status reporting to Data Center Execution standards.
- Conduct Kick-off meetings at the start of a project.
- Challenge and remove barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit.
- Ability to maintain a broader perspective, identify and evaluate opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration.
- Incorporate diverse perspectives to thoroughly address complex business issues.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on scope, schedule, and budget in relation to the Integration and technical fit-out scope and packages.
- Work independently in support of the Data Center Development Project.
- Track lessons learned and identify and execute on cost down site up opportunities.
- Provide Vendor oversight and performance management, as required.
- Support Preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP’s), PER’s, and other project approval tools & templates.
- Review and approval of vendor scope of work and design review of site and building plans, as required.
- Validate vendor pay-application and invoice review and approval in line with milestone payment schedules.
- Manage compliance with prior audit results and recommendations.
- Understand and interpret architectural and engineering plans and specs.
- Review CPM critical path method schedules and provide feedback on deadlines and milestones. Furthermore, understand short interval 4-week schedules.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT fit out or construction related project management.
- 5+ years’ experience leading a dynamic team of full-time employees and consultants
- 5+ years’ experience managing large scale enterprise projects with both localized and virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management, electrical engineering, construction management or similar experience.
- BICSI RCDD or similar Telecommunications Design/Installation Experience is a plus
- Previous Data Center construction/IT Fit out or management experience a plus.
Construction Health & Safety Knowledge
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines simultaneously
- Cross-group collaborator and influencer across teams and organizations with proven success in participating in cross-functional teams to deliver on key projects.
- High personal standard to deliver a thoughtful, polished and quality work product
- PMI (Project Management Institute) – PMP (Project Management Professional) certification highly desired
- CM (Construction Management) certification from an accredited institution or bachelor’s degree.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.