At BeachHead, we are rethinking the way recruiting works. Our office has a fun-filled environment with a strong learning culture. We are always on the hunt for incredibly talented individuals who share our views of quality, long-term relationships, and career development. We are looking for an IT Recruiter to join our dynamic team.
What you will do:
- Sourcing and searching social media networks and portfolio sites to identify potential candidates
- Sending recruiting emails and managing an effective recruitment strategy
- Collaborating with Account Managers as well as Recruitment Team Lead/Manager to identify the requirements of each position
- Actively use social media networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter etc.) and job boards (Workopolis, Monster, etc.) to research and connect with potential candidates
- Interact with candidates on niche sites (GitHub for example) and review online portfolios and resumes to pre-screen candidates while identifying and approaching candidates that suit our client’s positions
- Proactively ask for referrals from networks for hard-to-fill roles in order to develop a network of potential candidates and industry professionals while networking with past applicants
- Continuously engage candidates over the phone and in person and effectively screen candidates based on the job description
Skills you bring:
- Experience as an IT Recruiter
- Understanding the market for a wide variety of roles/skillsets, rates/salaries, and candidate availability
- Ability to understand candidate’s needs and their alignment with our clients
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and other Human Resources Management software
- Familiarity with social networks, professional sites, and resume databases
- Knowledge of Canadian labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (particularly business email writing knowledge and resume formatting skills)
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field
- Ability to work independently and knows when to escalate
- Ability to connect with candidates and potential candidates including ‘headhunting’
- Excellent recruitment, negotiation, communication, time management, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to present the client’s positions and relate them to a candidate’s career or contract goals.
What is in it for you?
- Work with our top clients (fortune 500)
- Opportunity to learn on the Job
- Great downtown location
- Learn about the latest industry trends and technologies
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career
- A Fun-filled environment where you are encouraged to be yourself and maintain your work-life balance
- Competitive salary, benefits, and commission package
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.