TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We have an immediate need of a policy writer to provide services to the Human Resources team at TRIUMF for an 8-month term. The selected candidate will initially work remotely with an eventual transition to working in office, dependent upon developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing practises.
You will work with HR team members to compose effective policies that reflect TRIUMF’s values of Excellence & Integrity, Safety & Accountability, and Equity & Inclusion as well as Employment Standards and other applicable regulatory and legal requirements. Your other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a review and analysis of the policies to provide solutions
- Edit and update existing policies and procedures
- Collate new policies and procedures with existing documents
- Communicate important updates and resolving any issues or concerns
- Monitor and receive policy maintenance and record, prioritize and process needed edits and updates.
As our ideal candidate you will be detail oriented, collaborative and will have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Your other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related degree plus 5 or more years of experience
- Proven track record of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong capability to learn and understand new concepts and knowledge
- Experience in technical writing with a demonstrated skill in developing policy documents is a plus
- Research and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada for duration of contract.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: 782
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: July 12, 2020
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.