Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:As a Technical Product Manager, you will work with a diverse group of stakeholders creating a shared Product Strategy and turning that into technical requirements and features for our data and application platform used for remote asset management and condition monitoring.
Our Product Vision is about offering our global customers accurate data and new insights about the health and overall productivity of their heavy equipment fleet and the site or mine it operates in.
You will identify opportunities and win the trust of diverse areas of the business to ultimately build the right platform enablers and take advantage of the latest technologies in analytics, data and digital products.
You will work with stakeholders, vendors, customers and partners to build the strategy, translating customer needs into business and product requirements and making the hard, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market.
The right person will have strong experience delivering strategic digital products in multiple customer segments.
- Lead by being customer obsessed, data driven and collaborative
- Develop digital services and solutions that deliver customer value and transform online services to help transform the heavy equipment industry
- Gather and distill requirements from users and translate them into actionable product features and roadmaps
- Work with stakeholders to develop consensus, maintain the product and feature roadmap, from inception to sunset while managing backlog and roadmap prioritization
- Lead the delivery of new product features via creation of release documentation, workshops and operational support of launches
- Work directly and provide product leadership for internal and external development teams, integrators to develop and take Finning’s Customer facing platform to the next level
- Be the product champion in the evaluation of potential new opportunities and technologies
- Be the point person for all customer engagement, participate in the analysis of customer business processes to identify optimal product mixes
- Create an environment of innovation which rewards experimentation: a fail fast, learn fast culture
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- You are customer obsessed and data driven, your previous products reflect this
- Experience with multiple Agile (Scrum), DevOps, and Lean development methodologies
- Understanding of application and data solutions including: development frameworks, AI, A/B testing, digital analytics, IOT/telematics and system integration
- You love speaking with and listening to customers and internal teams to plan and build new products and features
- You have expert persuasion skills and can captivate a room when delivering presentations and product demonstrations
- You are entrepreneurial by nature and are naturally able to balance: velocity, quality and business needs.
- You have knowledge or training in Pragmatic Marketing
- You have a great sense of humor – we work extremely hard, and have fun doing it!
- You have 10+ years’ experience building and delivering enterprise software products
- Experience with multiple Agile (Scrum), and Lean project management methodologies, and working with external venders and partners
- Understanding of change management principles
- Direct knowledge of Azure is a big plus.
- Experience using sketches, workflows, wireframes and functional specifications to communicate requirements
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is an asset
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.