Technical Project Manager - 6 month contract
Your New Role and Requirements: As a Technical Project Manager you will focus on completing engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements for the team and for the aviation market.
- Lead projects from beginning to end, directing a cross-functional team of development and integration personnel who are often shared across projects
- Develops project scope and objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with all stakeholders.
- Interprets contract technical requirements and use these to develop project specifications, work breakdown structures, requirements matrices, and system level project plans
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; identifying needed resources and assigning existing personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Create realistic, well thought out schedules for various hardware and software-based projects
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- 5-7 years' of Project Manager experience (understanding work breakdown, create schedules, managing scope change, communicating effectively, presenting status)
- Technical experience (Ideally HW engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, SW engineering background)
- Experience in an Agile environment, with flexibility using PMP methodologies
- Experience in pulling data from available tools to developing KPI and tracking info to present at exec level
- PMP Certification
- JIRA experience an asset
- Confluence experience and asset
- Microsoft Project experience an asset
What You'll get in Return The client is offering a 6 month engagement, with a high likelihood of permanent extension and a very competitive rate