Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Phase Separation Specialist in our Energy Services –Technical Services Organization. If you are a dedicated professional with a proven track record of success we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base rates and benefits.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering competitive pay and benefits
- Access to best in class resources, tools and technology
- Flexible, independent work environment with ample travel opportunities
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
The Canadian Technical Services Organization is seeking individuals with experienced bottle testing and formulating experience to support phase separation needs in SAGD, Thermal, Cold Heavy Oil Production and conventional Oil and Gas Production. The qualified candidate will support product selection, development, application and problem solving around emulsion breaker and reverse emulsion breaker technologies.
Job responsibilities include :
Project Management: from scope through work performance to reporting Product Performance Screening; Product Development and Formulation Evaluations and of new materials Product Applications and Field Service Support Technical Sales Support Technical Training and system guidance
The ideal candidate is highly versatile, communicates effectively, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Perform work in a safe manner while identifying opportunities for improving safety.
- Deliver continuous improvement and innovative solutions to customer problems related to oilfield phase separation.
- Develop new emulsion breaker and reverse emulsion breaker products via formulation and testing at customer sites.
- Collaborate with RD&E to continuously evaluate new raw materials and test methodologies to improve the product line and organizational capabilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpreting and understanding laboratory and field test results, plant operations and production system conditions.
- Provide on site problem solving, troubleshooting and system profiling in support of customer accounts and sales professionals.
- Communicate technical recommendations or test results to a wide range of audiences.
- Work effectively in a team environment with cross-functional members.
- Collaborate with Sales team on Customer facing training, tenders, promotion and deployment of new technologies.
- Provide implementation support for recommended technologies during plant trails and startups.
- Provide consultative advice and guidance to a wide range of audiences, Customers, Sales, Technical Services, RD&E, Supply Chain.
- Train, mentor & coach technical team members including front line sales professionals in areas of system evaluation, troubleshooting and product selection.
- This preferred candidate would live and work close to our customer and sales professionals. Ideally situated in Fort McMurray, Bonnyville or Lloydminster.
- This role is highly field focused and would could require > 50% travel if the candidate does not reside in proximity to the customer base and sales district.
- Chemistry, Science, or Engineering Diploma
- Previous experience of working with phase separation related projects
- Previous Oil & Gas field experience with depth of understanding on system and plant operations
- Previous experience of managing projects – both singly and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Biology, Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- 5-10 years of successful technical sales support or field sales experience
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Detail orientated and excellent time management skills.