Client ID: 268331
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Technical Specialist for a 6-9 month contract position in Calgary, AB.
Technical Specialist Job Details
- The Technical Specialist works as part of a team to ensure the availability, stability, integrity and efficient operation of complex technologies deployed across multi-technical platforms and environments.
- The candidate will ensure that technical services are provided to clients to meet both the current and future business needs, and that defined service levels for performance and availability are being met, while adhering to Change Management processes.
- This includes research, design, implementation support, complex incident response, project consulting, and ongoing maintenance.
- As a more senior role (Tier 3) to the technical analysts (Tier 2), this role also provides guidance to others.
Technical Specialist Responsibilites
This position will have exposure to a variety of technologies including, but not limited to:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2016
- Cisco Networking
- Active Directory Administration
- Cisco CME Telephony
- SQL Server Administration
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- iPhone Administration
Technical Design and Implementation:
- Provide architectural analysis of existing infrastructure, and work with other Technical Specialists and Enterprise Architects to define future direction.
- Research and design technology solutions according to requirements, and formulate proposals that provide alternatives and recommendations to address client needs, consulting with peers to create optimal design topologies and configurations.
- Provide 3rd tier support to Technical Support staff.
- Assist with forecasting future utilization and equipment requirements to reduce incidents.
- Escalate issues to third-party vendors as required.
- Ensure technical environment is stable and working at the optimum level.
- Analyze business processes, recommend and lead changes to produce greater efficiencies.
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Provide technical leadership and consultation on complex projects.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Participate in the planning and management of large and/or complex technical implementation projects.
Technology Trends and Direction:
- Identify emerging technological trends and provide recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of industry direction and trends.
- Perform software and hardware product evaluations.
Standards, Documentation and Training:
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Provide training and mentoring to peers and clients as required.
- Participate in change management processes.
Technical Specialist Mandatory Skills
Qualifications And Skills:
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical environment, with specific focus on specialty area.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more technology domains such as Networking, Operating Systems, Hardware or Middleware.
- Knowledge of industry (products/services/service providers/trends)
- Skilled at working on all phases of systems/operational upgrades and enhancements.
- Technical certifications, including ITIL, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, etc. are desirable
- This role requires excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly using all mediums within IT, the business, and to external service providers, and ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, including ability to effectively conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Technical Specialist Assignment Length
Technical Specialist Location