Client ID: 265963
Technical Support Specialist – Procom KW is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for our Global enterprise client IT solutions team in Waterloo. Our Client has offices located in North America and Europe and cooperates with regional support teams worldwide.
Technical Support Specialist job Details
The Technical Support Specialist provides proactive customer support and monitoring with the main objective to maintain customer system’s up-time and prevent system/service outages. The position holder troubleshoots, documents and resolves customer monitoring tickets and communicates with involved parties. Flexible working hours are necessary. Staggered shifts and/or on-call schedules are required to fulfill 24x7 coverage and carry out continuous service levels.
Technical Support Specialist Responsibilities
- Prioritizes, diagnoses and documents technical details for incoming Monitoring Tickets and provides support to prevent and restore service to the customer environments as quickly as possible;
- Collects information about customer situation and provides accurate, timely and detailed documentation about all actions taken towards a resolution in accordance with standard After Sales processes;
- Takes ownership and accountability for all assigned Monitoring Tickets driving towards a resolution within SLA/OLA requirements;
- Communicates technical issues and customer concerns or issues to support team members to facilitate a timely resolution;
- Provides and documents Monitoring Framework thresholds for customer systems, tests new features/releases, and provides input for system enhancements;
- Establishes, builds and improves customer relationships through the After Sales process;
- Attends client and 3rd party product training and maintains a working knowledge in focus area;
- Mentors other Monitoring Specialists or regional support specialists as needed;
- Based on assignment, shares learning and knowledge activities through various methods for service/support teams;
Technical Support Specialist Mandatory Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 1-3 years previous work experience in a technical customer support or system monitoring role;
- Linux, Windows are mandatory;
- Web technologies (web server, certificates – knowledge of these technologies);
- Networking (troubleshooting and diagnosing – basic skills);
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Customer service skills and orientation, including the demonstrated ability to work constructively with both internal and external customers;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to network in a global environment, and build relationships with geographically remote personnel;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Proven time management, organization and prioritization skills.
Technical Support Specialist Nice to have Skills
- Storage System;
- Additional language skills are an asset;
- Experience with ITIL Incident Management is an asset;
- Previous mentoring and teaching/training experience is an asset.
Technical Support Specialist Start Date
- As soon as possible.
Technical Support Specialist Assignment Length
- Six months to start with the opportunity to convert to a permanent employee.